At JAMS we believe we teach our students more than just math – it is life skills of focus, preparation and confidence. Our first-ever Winter Homework Packet will help your child grow and apply JAMS Math to school-level math and give them a helpful headstart to the Winter Term starting January 2018.
Why did we create this Winter Homework Packet?
Based on parent feedback and our own experience, we learned that families need the time to enjoy and relax during the Winter Break, and don’t want to have to drive through inclement weather to come to JAMS Winter Camp. So, we cancelled our short Winter Camp.
However, as your teachers, we also wanted to ensure your child continues to grow and comes prepared for the term in the New Year.
How this packet helps your child grow?
- a) Help your child build on the momentum she/he gained through the Fall Term, and be ready to grow in the Winter Term starting in January 2018.
- b) Encourage your child to apply JAMS teachings to school-level math. This packet combines JAMS homework sheets with word problems and other school-level math problems.
- c) Most importantly, help you connect with your child’s progress as you supervise and check their homework and also take time to enjoy the holiday season.
How should you use the packet?
- a) We understand that every family has an individual schedule during the holidays, with some also traveling within or outside the United States. Therefore, we recommend that you create your own schedule on how to complete the packet. A simple way may be to divide the number of pages by the number of days you anticipate your child to be working on the packe.
- b) Apply the same disciplines for working on the packet as you do for JAMS homework – a designated time and location to help your child focus and enjoy working on this packet.
- c) As your child completes the homework, we ask that the parents check the answers for all word problems, school-level math problems. Please do not worry about checking the JAMS-style homework, those are for practice only.
- d) This packet is yours to keep, please do not return it to JAMS. The JAMS staff will not be checking the packet.
How to get your packet?
- a) The cost of the packet is $150/packet.
- b) Parents can save $25/packet if they pay for the packet and Winter Term (January – March 2018) by November 10th. The reduced fee of $125/packet will be included in your Winter Term invoice.
- c) After November 10th, the packet will be available for $150/packet.
- d) Should you choose to not take advantage of this packet or have other questions, please email us at [email protected] and we will issue a revised invoice.